Policy & Procedure Review
What it is?
Your company’s policies & procedures are designed with the intention of influencing and determining all major decisions and processes. Our policies & procedural review brings with it the ability to “test run” and “benchmark” such documents in line with best practices and provide you with our expert advice on what state they currently are and where they should be.
How would we do this?
Our consultants have one thing in mind – how do we; from a cost effective point of view, advise on and implement changes to your existing policies & procedures that reflect best practice, changes to laws, rules & regulations, new systems and controls and most importantly a simplified document that replicates your company’s risk appetite and risk based approach?
We do this by doing the following:
- Understanding your need – where you currently are and where you hope to be
- Conducting an independent review and analysis of your policies & procedures
- Executing a Gap Analysis
- Conducting a first stage meeting with you on our findings
- Incorporating changes into final document
- Test running changes with existing systems, controls & processes
- Recommending ancillary change management initiatives as a result of the overhaul
- Submitting final reports, suggestions and solutions encountered from the changes made
- Feedback from you on implementation
Benefits of doing Policies & Procedural Review?
A review of your policies and procedures forms part of your regulatory requirements to see you have effective management, systems and controls which stems from adopting effective policies and procedures. The actions taken by your company help in achieving the following:
- It gives management a comprehensive overview of your company’s current position
- It serves as a confirmation that your policies & procedures are in tune with legislative and regulatory changes
- It shows your regulators that you company is updating its regulatory compliance framework
- It serves as an avenue to adopt best practice and update on changes to risks & typologies
- It is a cost effective means of simplifying processes identified through efficient gap analysis