CEO & Senior Consultant
Tom Brown is a co-founder of Kaizen and senior specialist in AML, Sanctions, ABC, Tax Evasion & Financial Crime prevention. He is also a qualified barrister & solicitor in both English & Sharia laws and has over 20 years of experience in Financial Crime Prevention, having delivered his services to the banking, oil & gas, legal & law enforcement, gambling, payment services and telecoms sectors in the UK, Europe, Middle East and African continents.
Professionally qualified in ACAMS, ICA, IRM, LLB & LLM, Tom has provided consulting, training and advisory services and successfully led major Financial Crime change initiatives, acted as a de facto MLRO and trained staff at all levels and in varying sectors. A former LLM Master’s Degree lecturer in Money Laundering and Bribery & Corruption laws at the Cardiff Law School, City University London and London Business School, Tom has presented and spoken at several seminars on financial crime and delivered motivational speeches within the legal & banking community.
A recent speaker Compliance Integrity & Corruption in Africa at the Viadrina G20 Summit in Hamburg in 2017, Tom has worked with and offered consulting, advisory & training services to the likes of BP International Limited, Mastercard, Shell, BP Plc, Tullow Oil, Exiger, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, Bank Audi, BNP Paribas, Santander UK, PWC Lebanon, NBAD, Vodafone, Rolls Royce, Perfect Information, Greensill, Deloitte LLP etc.
- Financial Crime Advisory
- FC related Policies & Procedural drafting and implementation
- KYC & CDD
- Risk Assessment & Methodology framework design
- Training design and delivery
- FC related Gap & Impact Analysis reporting
Education & Qualifications:
- LLB Joint Honours Degree (English & Sharia Laws)
- BL – Barrister-at-Law Degree
- LLM – Masters in Commercial Laws specialising in Money Laundering, Corporate Governance & Industrial Property Laws
- PhD – Money Laundering
- ICA, IRM & ACAMS Certified
- English, French, Arabic, Hausa & Yoruba